13 March 2006

Monday Monday

Okay, so it's Monday again. Due to the fact that this Monday morning was the same as every one of my Monday mornings - Murphy's Law Monday, I like to say - I opted to stay in bed for a couple hours past the usual rising time. Spencer wasn't feeling well, there was ice on the streets, I immediately dropped my water cup when I first got up...for all these reasons and more, it seemed safer to stay home for a while. For two hours I read the Oscar-edition People magazine from cover to cover. This is unusual for me because normally I would rather stick a hot poker in my eye than read about spoiled rich people's parties. Lately, for "real" entertainment, I've been reading a book called "Devil in the Details", which is about a woman who suffered from scrupulosity (a form of OCD) in her childhood. She's very candid about everything and it's quite amusing.

I bought a digital camera on Saturday -- woo hoo!! Hopefully some day I'll learn how to use it and download the software and all that fun stuff. Then, I'm sure that I'll develop an obsession (though not scrupulous) with posting a million photos of Spencer and lots of stupid shit, too. I took a few shots on Saturday night and realized that not only have I lost my ability to write stream-of conciousness style, I have also become dreadfully non-artistic with my photography, too.

Funny weekend story: Will and I were in Wild Oats at about 10 am on Saturday, buying breakfast stuff and Pop-Tarts (they're not just for breakfast anymore!)...our check-out guy was about 35 and a total spaz, the kind of Boulder guy who could either be on Ritalin or just be high on life, you can never tell without asking. Anyway, so we had paid and were gathering up the bags when the guy bounces past us and says to Will, REALLY LOUDLY, "Hey, take good care of the babysitter, man!" I was almost all the way to the car, with my mouth hanging open the whole time, before I could say anything. Will wanted to go kill the guy later, but at the time we were both too shocked to do anything other than laugh hysterically. I guess I must look older than I think I do. It doesn't help any that Will cut his hair and got contacts...now he looks 12 instead of 20.

Oh, geez, I almost forgot...on Saturday night, I met a lovely couple from Auburn, AL, named Katie and Jonathon. They have two kids, Isabella, who is 4, and Pace, who is 1. And here's the kicker: THEY KNOW TAYLOR HICKS. How crazy is that??? It's funny because I am all amazed that they know him, and they're in shock that he's on TV every week. They said that he sounds pretty good on AI but that he's much much better with his own band playing in a bar.

No comments: