08 March 2006

Mandisa, Queen of the Mouse Kingdom



Mandisa is indeed NOT "Every Woman," which she proved last night by bringing down the house....you GO, girl! :-)

Busy busy busy at work learning a new invoicing program, and I'm going a bit nuts. Spencer's birthday slumber party is Saturday and I guess I'll have to prepare for it on Friday night since I have things going on both tonight and tomorrow nights. I'm tired just thinking of it all. I slept for five whole hours last night, imagine that! I was up reading Mothering magazine well before the sun came up, and then I drowsed a bit but had a weird dream involving going to a farm to get chicken feed for my new puppy (???) and there were dead mice all over the floor of the barn (as in, thousands of them) and the farmer had strung one of them up in this little harness thing made of yarn that swung it dangling over a table and was slowly cutting through its stomach. I guess this was to punish it. The person I was with distracted the farmer and I let the mouse go. We were going to take it home, but it turned out to be a rare hairless pink variety of Mandarin mouse, so we let it go under a shelving unit because it would be too hard to take care of. I don't recall feeling bad about putting it back in on the poisoned floor of the barn, just sad that the farmer was so mean. This farm had pigs and a really mean dog that looked like a pig but snarled like a dog. Oh, and I was wearing thongs (shoes) so I was freaked out about walking over all the dead mice....I guess it's apparent why I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep. (and she wasn't really in the dream, I just needed a blog title)

Why is it that I can't dream about normal things like winning the lottery and whatever it was that Freud analyzed?? Perhaps I'm going nuts but it's only really obvious when I'm dreaming. It would probably be conducive to my sleeping pattern if I didn't have all these messed up dreaming about death and dead things and dying and disaster!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! It's my first visit to your blog. You look fab, BTW. You have crazy dreams. I hope you and Spencer are well. Ohio is, well, Ohio. At least spring is in the air.

Love,
Theresa