21 March 2006

M-I-C-K-E-Y (WHY? Because we LIKE you!)



I'm off in the morning for the technicolor, tacky, and oh-so-all-American land of Disney in lovely Lake Buena Vista (aka, Orlando, to the rest of us), Florida. I don't expect to be having too much fun since I'll be attending a conference the whole time, but of course I bought a new bathing suit (see above, no pic available of the bottom, but it's bright pink boy shorts) and sandals any way. I'm suffering immense and unreasonable amounts of guilt that Spencer isn't coming with me (it's spring break, after all), but I keep trying to remind myself that I will be busy literally the entire time I'm there, and he would have to spend the weekend with a sitter or some Disney childcare cult group of nutballs. Therefore, this isn't the best time for him to come along with me on a trip....even if it IS to Disney at Spring Break time...
Anyhoo, I finally got some new batteries for my camera and will take pictures galore while I'm there. We have a night at Epcot and another at Universal Studios International Avenue, so there are a few photographic opportunities available. I won't be sad to leave the weather in Boulder for a few days. It has been cold and snowy and grey, and you know how much us Coloradans like to bitch when we have one gloomy day, so the 'tude has been decidedly negative around town. Luckily for me, it's supposed to be nice and warm by the time I get home on Saturday!

No comments: