30 June 2007

Dogs and Sweat

So here I was, planting my front yard in the million-degree heat, and this chocolate lab comes running up and slobbers all over me. No "guardian" (in Boulder, no one OWNS an animal) in sight, so I gave required love and then ignored the dog. Minutes later, my neigbor comes over and says, "Is this your dog? because she just came right in my house and freaked out Ellie" (her dog.) SOOOOO, I grabbed a leash and took the dog for a big long walk all around the park, and no one claimed her. I did hear a lot of "good find!"s, though.
I brought her home, gave her back to the neighbor (they're used to having dog shit all over the yard) and called the Humane Society. As luck would have it, I got my friend Kris on the phone and not only let her know about the dog, but also got the chance to invite her to our STELLAR 4th party. Turns out that someone had just minutes prior called in a lost dog named Marley (on our walk, I was calling her "Kelly", though she had no name tag) who ran away on Sanitas (I live at the bottom). Anyway, loving reunion ensued and it was all very cool. Oh, and my neighbor and I had assessed her age (the dog's, not the neigbor's) to a tee (1.5 years).
WHY DO LOST ANIMALS COME TO *MY* HOUSE???? It has been like this since I was little. SPIDERS (yeah, yeah, whatever) aside, animals know they're so very safe with me. I love that.

No comments: