19 June 2007

For Sarah (but you can look, too):

You'll want to click on all of these pictures to enlarge them for detail.

THIS is what was on my neck tonight. I felt something itchy there, and I scratched at it, and it felt like a little pill, so of course I screamed like a girl and threw it, and it ended up all rolled into a ball on my cd case. I have been watching it drop legs and try to die for an hour now -- but it refuses to die and sometimes twitches around and I'm freaked out that any minute now it's going to turn into a 12-foot tall giant with 6 legs (and a couple of creepy gappy spaces) and then hunt me down and kill me in my own house. I am going to shudder until Saturday just thinking about it.


Funnier note: here's Greg with our buddy Fazel. Notice that he is exuding his usual charm. Imagine how mad he'd be if he knew I posted his picture here. LOL (jesus h christ on a bicycle ridden by a fish, it's moving again. shit)


Here is my little side garden after I planted it:


And the clothesline garden, before and during. I don't have an "after" photo yet:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

O.M.G. Why didn't you just squish it??? Thanks for thinking of me though... :-)

Sarah

Red Flashlight said...

Poor creature. I know, I know. It's not mine to question irrational fears, having a sacred few of my own. But two facts are worth noting here. First, that was not a spider. It was an arachnid that goes by Mitopis Morio. Spiders have segmented bodies. Mitopis do not. Second, and very importantly, Mitopis Morio do not bite people. They can't, because they have no fangs. Nor do they have venom. If the poor thing is now lurking in your basement growing into something large and nightmarish, it's probably growing into a large, monstrous . . . devourer of ever-larger . . . um . . piles of compost, perhaps? That's what it eats. Blessings upon you, anyway. :o)

BigChunkySoul said...

Oh, go on with your bad self, Knower of All Things Bug. The fact is that it could have been an egg-bearing mammarian land shark for all I care. It was creepy and icky. Also had it not been on my neck, it would probably be alive today (though, shit-eaters and bird prey, this particular creature probably doesn't live a long time). I'm not a random, reactive killer of anything living. AT ALL. Matter of fact, I'm the sprt of total spaz who goes out of my way not to step on ants. All hail the Dalai Lama! As far as I'm concerned, the little fucker (aka Mitopis Morio) should have stayed in the compost bin where it belonged. And yes, I do have a compost bin, and NO, I do not dig for spiders in it. :-)