06 December 2006

A Day in the Life...sigh...

How's tricks? Me, sucky...computer issues at work, forcing me to become IT guy #2 and do programming, which I hate, and other shitty stuff at work. Icing on the cake...yesterday, at 5 pm, I realized that I had locked my only set of keys in the car...no biggie, right, I just called my insurance company, who informed me that the roadside assistance on my car had been dropped for some reason. SO, I had to call a cab to pick up Spencer at afterschool care and bring him to my office. Luckily, the driver was really nice and called me a lot from the road (it's about 1/2 mile but it was rush hour), and Spencer was dropped off just fine. The cabbie offered to drive us home, but I needed to blow off steam so we walked. Spencer was very pleasant about it all and just as cheerful as could be on the way home. This morning I had a friend stop by and pick him up on the way to school, and I walked to work (I fell down TWICE because of the blinding ice on the sidewalks -- my hiking boots were in the car, natch). This afternoon I called insurance again and they sent someone to get the door open. This person's name is Bob and he is a certifiable idiot as far as I can tell, though he's quite adept at breaking into cars. He called me for directions and I started to tell him and then he interrupted me, and said like a maniac, "I delivered pizza in Boulder for years. I know ALL the streets" and I got pissed and said, "FINE. WHATEVER." (I had been standing inthe freezing cold waiting for him for an hour at this point) "It's on Broadway between Pine and Mapleton on the east side in the church parking lot." His response? "Okay, I know where Mapleton is, but where is Pine" I wanted to tell him it's up his ass, but instead the cat in me came out and I replied, "It's TWO BLOCKS UP FROM PEARL, YOU KNOW?? THE MOST POPULAR STREET IN TOWN????" and he mumbled something about getting there when he could and hung up. 1/2 hour later, he pulls up, takes forfreakinever with the paperwork, and asks me to help him break into the car. I now know that all you need to break into a car without damaging it this little airbag thing, a piece of plastic, and a long piece of thick wire. Who knew?? Anyway, I found the keys in a box in the backseat, at the bottom of the box, under a bunch of stuff. I don't recall being anywhere near that box on Tuesday morning, and certainly not dropping my keys in it, but the bottom line is that I am going to have extra keys made and stash them everywhere so that I never need to see Bob again. I'm pasting this paragraph into my blog for posterity, to remind me just how much I don't like Bob.

No comments: