25 October 2006

My holiday wish list

I'm going to skip over peace on earth and goodwill toward men, and get straight to the good stuff. This post will change every so often because I don't want a big (BIG) string of post linkages. Most of my items have to do directly with cooking, because apparently some creepy little obscure lobe in my brain decided over the past year that I need to fatten up for the winter (and all the other seasons). As a result -- of the lobe and also having a boyfriend who is keen on eating dinner, something I didn't do in the past -- I have become more interested in cooking healthier foods, and with more flair. The fact that I don't have any place in my kitchen to store all this stuff is completely irrelevant.

1. Spatulas that don't melt and that cost more than a dollar for three of them.
2. A nice set of non-toxic cooking pans and a ceiling pot hanger-thingy.
3. Knives, knives, and more knives. Knives that cost more than a dollar for three, and aren't the type that "never need sharpening." I can't imagine anything more fulfilling than sitting around on a winter afternoon just scraping knives against a rock.
4. Oh, speaking of rocks, I almost forgot: a mortar and pestle.
5. An iPod. Maybe. I kind of like the anticipation of waiting until I get home to listen to my favorite CD (I have a cassette player in my car...can you believe that? And the car is only 5 years old! Ghetto.)
6. Potholders. I have one and it's one of those mitt kinds that suck.
7. To win the lottery or inherit millions from a long-lost relative (never hurts to ask).
8. A screwdriver set.
9. Total home organization -- which entails a week alone -- which I will never get -- but miracles happen.

Done for now. Updates to follow, as I mentioned...

No comments: