16 April 2007

R.I.P., Peep



We took Peep to the vet this morning and had him put to sleep. Such nice words for what is essentially just killing them. Whatever. He was ready to go and went very peacefully and quickly after getting the shot. He didn't complain about anything, and the vet was very very nice. I guess it went as well as it could have gone, though of course I sobbed hysterically throughout. I will miss him an awful lot...he was my companion for my entire adult life!! What a personality he had, and what a brave guy to deal with his pain the way he did for the last several weeks. Not that you want to, but if you click on the picture of him by himself, you can see the lovely tumor he had on his side. YUCK. He doesn't look very well in these photos, but he still looks a lot better than he did for the past few days. He will be missed more than I can say.

2 comments:

onthevirg said...

Even though it sucks to have to put em down, probably a lot better than what they are going through that makes you have to do it. That's the reasoning anyway right? Still miss the cat that we had to put down years ago. That cat was awesome and I get to recall all the cool stuff about her and not how she looked as she was dying. Wow, now I need to drink.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry! It is heartbreaking. I can't believe you had him for 17 years. What a trooper! I'm sure he is pain-free in kitty heaven where there are toys galore and lots of birds to chase.