13 April 2007

Day Five

and I about to BREAK THIS BITCH. Moving for 18+ hours now, and when I say 'moving', I mean hauling somebody else's punk-ass shit down three flights of stairs and down the block and then up another flight of stairs, and this includes big boxes of books. I took a short respite for "sleep" last night -- mostly I just cried about the cat all night long and, when I did sleep, I dreamed about digging cat-sized holes in a mountainside. And aforementioned cat's death ceremony is scheduled for Monday at 9:00 am. I wouldn't be surprised if he dies before then. Selfishly, I kinda wish that would just die, because then I would feel so much better about it...playing God is not one of my fortes. As it stands right now, I took the whole day off because I know that afterward I will be inconsolably humming and rocking in the corner like a crazy person, or else I will slam my face into a brick wall instead. Either way, post-drama, it's not a professional look.

Anyhoo, I am going to happy hour this evening with a vengeance, and then I'm going home to take sleeping pills...it's not what you think, I'm talkin' Excedrin PM here...and sleep the peaceful sleep of someone with too much on her mind who has just mixed drugs and alcohol.
I'm almost salivating at the thought............droooooooooooooool.......

2 comments:

onthevirg said...

Well I hope the ceremony went ok and it wasn't too tough. Even though it probably will be, but here's hoping. Think you get a free pass on the trying to quit drinking on a day like this.

BigChunkySoul said...

Thanks...it was really hard. I let the vet do whatever they do with the bodies (I;m guessing Dumpster) because I feel like I have already mourned him so much that it wouldn't be worth the torture to have an actual funeral. I took my free drinking pass yesterday afternoon, and I'm pretty darned glad that I did! :-)