02 November 2006

Icky dream

Very briefly...I'm just putting it here so I don't forget it...I was in a rental house, trying desperately to get ahold of the property manager because there were dead animal bodies in various states of decay all over the lawn, which was in bad condition to begin with. I didn't worry too much about the squirrels and cats, but then noticed a horse on the side of the lawn and started to worry. People kept walking through the yard and yelling to me that there were dead things in it, but I had bare feet and would only go out the back door a little ways because I didn't want to step on anything. Oddly, they didn't smell. Then some huge deer appeared and a mountain lion was ripping at them and I couldn't do anything about it. When no one showed up to remove the carcasses, I left out the front door and started driving, but I came to a bridge that was a big curving arc, most of which was essentially free-standing and it was very very very high up and I was afraid to go on it. I had to use the bathroom so I stopped and went into this sort of castle-y place, following two women. I heard one of them scream and I looked up and a mountain lion was running at her, prepared to jump. The second woman fell on the ground out of fear, and I ran into the bathroom and pulled the heavy door shut and leaned on it so nothing could get in. When I opened it again, one of the women was dead I guess, and the other was rolling around screaming in pain. I didn't stop to help, just ran to a house and asked to be let in. It turned out to be my house and the person who let me in was a the property manager, who told that she just couldn't help with the dead animals in the yard. I was upset, and then I woke up in a panic.

I wonder if this dream was a result of a) stress over the messy condition of my house, b) too many horror films over the past week, or c) a premonition that a mountain lion is going to attack me.

No comments: