28 November 2006

Dream -- all about ME

I was in a house with all of these people whom I kind of knew...one of them was sort of weird and poor and said that the only thing he wanted from the house was this weird sculpture that looked like a glacier. The "leader" guy, who was the boyfriend of someone I knew, said that the sculpture was magic...he said a sort of chant, and **POOF**, we were all standing in the middle of an enormous mansion that was still being built on the interior. It was a the coolest house ever, with lots of big rooms and secret pathways and groovy fixtures. The boyfriend guy told everyone that there would be a big party that night, and he had bought clothes for all of us. Apparently I am headed straight toward an eating disorder, because even in my sleep I panicked that the gorgeous sage green outfit (skirt, cute jacket with glass beads) he had for me would be too small and that I would look like a stuffed sausage in it. EVEN WHILE ASLEEP, I freaked out about what else I could wear. Anyway, after I took a shower, I gathered up some of the kids to take them to a nearby deli for sandwiches. In the deli, I ran into all of these college-aged guys who asked me if I was going to be at the party later...and I felt like a fat dork when I said yes. When we gotr back to the house, I walked up the curved staircase and thought all about how sad it is that my friends have successul rich boyfriends and there just don't seem to be any left for me. I have a real problem if I can't even muster some self-esteem during periods of unconciousness. My hair looked ugly throughout the whole dream and I kept washing it, or at least intending to wash it again, in the hopes that it would look better.

I believe that this dream came about as a direct result of watching "16 Kids and Moving In" right before I fell asleep. This show is a documentary series about a freaky couple who are not even 40 and have a bajillion kids and just keep popping them out, one or two every year. They've built their dreamhouse, which is enormous at 7000 square feet and has all this cool stuff in it. I'm not sure what religion they are, but it has to be something creepy because they have a lot of money even with all those kids, and the mom has the most awful hairstyle. ANyhoo, while I was watching this show, I thought to myself that it must be nice to have all that space. It didn't even enter my mind that the mom is a subservient weirdo with bajillion kids, and the dad is some sort of religious freak, and those are the only reasons that she has that specific husband who can afford that nice house.

The hair thing entered the picture because I had the most icky stringy hair yesterday, the direct of using a free sample of a shitty Pantene moisturizer that was like oil.

No comments: