27 September 2006

Bailey in Bailey

I can't even talk about this yet. <"Platte Canyon High School">

The kids are okay (Bailey goes to the high school and Dono & Faith are at the middle school). It's just so sad. Secretly (not any more, I guess), I'm glad the lunatic died. The fact that the student died, too, is horrendous. Having something like this hit so close to home -- and so hard -- makes life just a little bit scarier. Thank god the Kids are okay.

When the situation at Columbine happened, I was horrified but didn't think that it affected me the way that I now know that it did. PTSD all the way! But it's selfish to think of myself... I for sure haven't been the foremost thought in my own mind. All I can think is: Imagine what the kids in Bailey were going through all day (an still)-- most of them remember April 20, too.

No comments: