15 April 2008

JEEBUS H. CHRISTO.

Is it REALLY only Tuesday? REALLY? It's warm and sunny (and dry and windy) here, and I want to be outside getting some color on my almost-greenish pasty white legs, but it's not to happen. Work to do, garden to till...

We found a pile of garter snakes yesterday when I lifted a rock. One stuck around and lounged while we worked around him...I'm guessing he wasn't scared because he was HUGE. Yeah I know, garter snakes are little, but this guy was the biggest one I've ever seen...probably close to 2-1/2 or 3 feet!! They're usually about the size around of a magic marker, but this guy was more like the big fattiest Sharpie.

Anyhoo, we got some work done but there is much, much more to do! I just used AmEx points to get $400 in Home Depot gift cards, so new tools are a-comin', along with a new patio umbrella and maybe a couple pretty terra cotta planters for out back.

I'm determined to charge my camera battery tonight so that I can take "before" pictures this weekend!

No comments: