10 July 2006

Thunder, again

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE thunderstorms, but this is getting to be too much! Almost three weeks of a day without rain...today was sunny but humid (! yep, HUMID in Boulder...and nothing petty, either, my hair has been nutso), and now at 9:30 pm, the thunder is rumbling and rain is imminent. I went over and weeded at my garden plot for 1.5 hours this evening, filled a wheelbarrow, and it is still a mess. Great. So much for my restful Sunday. Saturday is the Soul Rebel Festival (http://www.interfold.com/ujama/SoulRebelFestival.html), which is a 15-hour volunteer day for me, and I love doing it, but MAN I NEED A BREAK. From shitty weather, from domestic turbulence, from crappy TV and from no sleep. Stupid construction going on across the street (they ripped down the house!) that started at 7 am for two weeks until the neighbor lost her MF MIND on them and now they don't begin jackhammering until at least 7:30. Respite, my ass! At least it's on my side of the house and not Spencer's...he hasn't even noticed yet that the house is gone, let alone been bothered by the noise.

No comments: